- How To Buy The Best Tyres Online In Australia?
- Buy Tyres Online AU – Our Reviews
- The Verdict – Which Tyres Do We Recommend?
- Online Tyres FAQs
When you need to buy tyres online in Australia you need to know the best place to search. That’s where we can help you.
There are many different types of online tyres available for purchase. So, how do you know which ones are right for you?
If you need to purchase tyres online, you’ll find some of the best picks here!
When you need tyres that give all-round great performance at an affordable price, Falken tyres are hard to beat. Thanks to the brand’s motorsports experience, their tyres are high-performing and use innovative technologies.
How To Buy The Best Tyres Online In Australia?
When you’re shopping online for tyres, you need to know what you’re looking out for. Here are some features to consider when deciding the right kind for your needs.
- Tyre Size – Tyres need replacing if they get damaged or if they wear down too much. The minimal depth for your tyre treat is 1.5mm. If yours are lower than that, you need to replace them.
As an absolute minimum, tyres need changing every 4 years. If you aren’t sure how old your tyres are there is a code on their sidewall. It shows the year and week the tyres were produced.
The sidewall of your tyres also displays their tyre size (1). It’s very important to check out the size of your tyres. Purchase the wrong size and they won’t fit your vehicle.
- Tyre Brand – Lots of different brands are available for you to choose from. While some are premium, others are economy models. The brand you prefer or need depends on your vehicle and preferences. If you wish, you can continue using the OEM tyres that your vehicle came with. Alternatively, you can opt for a different brand.
- Tyre Type -Tyres come in a range of types (2). Not only do tyres come in different brands, they also come in different styles. For example, some tyres are suited to driving in certain types of weather. Others are best suited to particular kinds of vehicle. It’s important to check this out before you buy.
- Driving Habits – One key consideration when buying tyres online is your driving style and habits. Consider where you tend to drive and the type of road conditions you usually encounter. Consider, too, the weather conditions where you usually drive. Your answers to these questions will help you choose the most suitable tyres for you.
- Shipping and fitting options – When you buy tyres online, you have to decide how to have them shipped and fitted. Some online retailers partner with local garages. You can select a garage near you to have your chosen tyres fitted onto your vehicle.
Alternatively, you may wish to arrange for your new tyres to be shipped to your house. You can then arrange for them to be fitted at your preferred garage. You could even fit them onto your vehicle yourself to save money if you wish.
Buy Tyres Online AU – Our Reviews
Here, you’ll find our top three picks of the best tyres to buy online in Australia this year.
When you need tyres that give all-round great performance at an affordable price, Falken tyres are hard to beat. Thanks to the brand’s motorsports experience, their tyres are high-performing and use innovative technologies. Falken also produces tyres for several different vehicle types including SUVs and sedans.
This brand produces tyres that are suited to different seasons and terrains. Thanks to its Neo-T01 manufacturing technique, its products are more precise and designed to be flawless. Many design elements are built in to improve vehicle handling and safety. These include a strong centre rib to reduce wheel spin during acceleration.
The brand’s Silent Core technology minimises ground noise for smoother and quieter running. Without compromising on tyre performance, this soundproofing technology reduces noise from tyres by 10 decibels.
Michelin tyres are well-known for their high quality and top-level performance. Available for all kinds of vehicles, these premium tyres are perfect for performance vehicles.
Thanks to Michelin’s cutting-edge technology, these tyres are safe and durable. With high silica levels in the tyres, they grip the road more strongly. Meanwhile, sunflower oil is included in their manufacturing process to help tyres stay flexible even in cold conditions.
Michelin tyres are fully recyclable and incorporate 3D printing to suit different road conditions, climates, and destinations. As an added advantage, the brand’s Silent Rib technology creates silent running. The custom-made polyurethane foam reduces vibrations and noise by up to 20%.
When you need affordable yet high-quality tyres for your vehicle, Winrun tyres are perfect. The ideal choice for drivers of all kinds of vehicle on a budget, these tyres are hard-wearing and reliable.
Equipped with specially formulated grooves, these tyres minimise hydroplaning and help to improve braking distances. Surprisingly quiet-running, these tyres grip the road well in both wet and dry weather conditions.
A wide variety of tyre types and sizes are available in Winrun’s range. Runflat tyres are also available to purchase at great prices from this brand.
The Verdict – Which Tyres Do We Recommend?
All three of the tyre brands that we recommend for online purchasing are excellent and high-performing. However, overall, we recommend Falken tyres. With affordable pricing yet impressive durability and road handling, they are perfect for all kinds of vehicles.
Online Tyres FAQs
Although it’s possible to go to your local garage and purchase new tyres, buying online is more convenient. Not only can you save time and effort but you can save money too. Often, buying online is cheaper as you can often find more affordable models and better deals.
You can also benefit from a wider range of tyres to pick from. Local garages have only a very limited range of products. You’ll find far more kinds of tyre available when shopping online.
Your tyres should be replaced every four years at an absolute minimum, regardless of their condition. Nevertheless, they should be replaced earlier if they have any signs of damage. If the tyres are worn so the tread is under 1.5mm they need to be replaced. If there are any cuts or tears, replacements are also necessary.
You can find out which size tyres to buy by checking your vehicle’s owners manual. Alternatively, you can check out what is printed on the tyres’ sidewall. The size of your tyres is printed there for you to check easily. Alternatively, many sites will tell you which tyres to buy if you simply enter your vehicle’s registration number.
- Tyre Size Calculator – Retrieved from https://www.tyresizecalculator.com/charts/tire-size-chart-metric-by-rim-wheel-diameter
- Engineering Learn – Types of Tyres – retrieved from https://engineeringlearn.com/types-of-tyres/