Is your all-terrain vehicle in need of new tyres? Do you spend a lot of your time driving across muddy terrains? Then you’re going to need to know the best mud terrain tyres to buy this year in Australia.
Don’t waste time and money on the wrong tyres. We’ve found the best websites so you can order online with confidence and have them delivered to your door with ease.
Check out our top choices in this buyer’s guide now so you can make a well-informed choice.
Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tyres
The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tyre has a surprisingly affordable price tag for such a high performing model. These tyres are designed specifically for use by off-road enthusiasts who want high performance but at a lower price.
How To Buy The Best Mud Terrain Tyres In Australia?
When you need to find the best tyres for use on muddy terrain, there are a number of things to keep in mind as you make your purchasing decision. Here are some of the considerations:
- Tread pattern – you need to choose a mud terrain tyre that has a deeply sculpted tread pattern. This will ensure optimal traction on muddy surfaces. You should also look for tyres with self-cleaning properties so any sand or mud that gets inside the grooves will be automatically removed. This, too, ensures optimal traction.
- Budget – mud terrain tyres can be very costly and if you’re on a budget this is something you need to consider carefully. You may need to look for the best combination of value and performance that you can afford. Fortunately, some budget manufacturers produce high-performing mud terrain tyres at low prices.
- Size – although you may want to choose taller tyres so you can achieve more clearance, you need to research carefully before you buy. You may need to modify your vehicle to fit taller tyres beneath your fenders. Also, bear in mind that taller tyres could reduce your performance and fuel efficiency depending on your axle gear ratio.
- Purpose – why do you need mud tyres fitted to your vehicle? There are several types of tyres that may be suitable for you depending on your preferred tyre application. Will you be mostly on the road with only occasional off-road use? Or will you be crossing deserts, rocks and serious mud? Do your research and choose wisely.
|Falken Wildpeak AT3W Tyres||
|Lanvigator Catchfors MT||
What Are The Best Mud Tyres For This Year? – Our Reviews Help You To Decide
Here, you’ll find our top three picks of the best tyres for performance vehicles in Australia this year.
The Falken Wildpeak AT3W tyre has a surprisingly affordable price tag for such a high-performing model. These tyres are designed specifically for use by off-road enthusiasts who want high performance but at a lower price.
Built to be rugged enough to tackle all types of terrain, including muddy surfaces, virtually all components of this tyre are fully optimised for maximum durability and outstanding performance.
These tyres feature sidewall heat diffuser technology so the inner tyre structure is well-protected, even under heavy loads, from excess wear and tear. Meanwhile, the 3D Canyon design of the sipes builds in more reinforcement to the tyre treads.
The aggressive upper sidewalls and shoulder blocks protect the wheels from damage, and since these tyres have been rated as suitable for winter use, they’re perfect for drivers who want to run just one tyre on their vehicle all year round.
When you need the ideal blend of value and performance, these mud terrain tyres are perfect for you.
The BF Goodrich TAK02 tyre is a premium choice for off-road enthusiasts who are happy to pay more for high-performance. Perfect for drivers who prefer driving on rough surfaces, these tyres are exceptionally tough and durable, offering optimal traction when driving in harsh conditions from snow and mud to rock, dirt and gravel.
Their tough sidewalls keep the tyres safe from damage and punctures as well as a +10% improvement in traction on mud. With a long tread life too, these tyres give you double tread life on gravel surfaces as well as a 15% boost on asphalt.
Overall, these tyres offer are a number one choice for those who aren’t afraid to pay more for quality.
The Lanvigator Catchfors MT is a top choice of mud terrain tyre if you’re on a tight budget. Designed specifically for use on muddy and wet terrains, these tyres feature three main zigzagging grooves for optimal terrain handling.
There is an aggressive pattern design along with a block tread that features multiple sipes. This ensures optimal handling in wet conditions and excellent contact with the surface. Meanwhile, a high void ratio and open shoulder along with a strong jointless nylon band design make this an especially resistant and durable tyre.
When you need great cornering performance and traction along with durability and reliability off-road but without breaking the bank, this tyre is ideal.
The Verdict – Which Are The Best Mud Terrain Tyres Overall?
All three of the mud terrain tyres that we’ve suggested here would make an excellent choice when replacing your existing 4×4 tyres. However, overall, we think that the Falken Wildpeak AT3W is our number one option for you.
Designed for high performance but with a more affordable price tag, these tyres will handle muddy surfaces with ease and will ensure your safety while out and about off-road.
Mud Terrain Tyre FAQs
It’s fair to say that mud terrain tyres can be very costly, especially when you’re replacing an entire set. Therefore, you need to be sure you’ve chosen tyres that can not only perform well on muddy surfaces but that can also last for the longest possible time.
Tyres that are designed to perform well on mud have lugs that are well spaced out to ensure dirt is removed quickly. However, if you use those tyres on paved surfaces, the lugs begin to wear rapidly when compared to those on standard all-terrain tyres.
With this in mind, you may need to sacrifice some of your high performance on mud in order to enjoy a longer lifespan from your tyres. A higher performance all-terrain tyre may be the best option for you.
Mud tyres aren’t specifically designed for use on snow. However, they can perform quite well in general on snowy surfaces. This is due to the well-spaced lugs which work on snowy surfaces in the same way as they do on muddy ones. Icy surfaces are a different matter, though. Winter tyres are a far better option for use during winter weather if you live in a cold location.
- Auto Express – Winter Tyres Explained – retrieved from https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/92906/guide-to-winter-tyres-are-they-worth-your-money
- Offroaders – What Are Sipes On A Tire? – Retrieved from http://www.offroaders.com/technical/what-are-sipes-in-a-tire/